Categories: Fishing Derbies and Tournaments
- Cost: $25 per adult, 17 year old and under $10 Untill January 25th
- Kathy 231-577-9330
2018 Fife Lake Ice Fishing Derby
ANGLERS~Grab your gear and get ready for the Annual Fife Lake Ice Fishing Derby on January 27th 2018 on Fife Lake.
This fishing tournament offers lots of fun for the whole family. Last year we had 352 entrants! First place prize is guaranteed $1000.00 or more plus offers hourly door prizes too! All participants MUST BE SIGNED UP PRIOR TO 6pm on Friday January 26th 2018. All prizes will be handed out underneath the white tent in the Fife Lake Lodging parking lot next to the DNR boat launch (bring your driver’s license if you intend on winning). This Derby is a 3 species tournament with cash prizes in the categories of Perch, Pike & Walleye, and don’t forget the annual Shanty Contest which you could score a Free nights stay at the recently remodeled Fife Lake Lodging!
The Fife Lake Lodging & Party store will open again this year at 5:30 am the day of the derby to offer minnows & other live bait, beer, liquor, pop, breakfast sandwiches, coffee and tons of snacks. Stop in the night before till 10pm to get your goodies early! As in years past… the party store will be offering a snowmobile delivery service on the ice for all of your store needs including whole pizza’s, cigarettes, fresh subs, minnows, beverages, ect.
Derby Cost is $25 per adult, young anglers up to age 17 yrs cost $10 UNTILL Thursday January 25th. On Friday 1/26/18 all adults will be charged $35 and children $20~register early! Anyone registering prior to January 14th will be put into an early bird drawing and could win $100!!!!
Absolutely no registration will be accepted on the day of the derby.
To register: 1) mail a check or money order starting December 1st 2017~ No checks will be accepted after January 16th 2018 Make checks out to Fife Lake Lodging(fishing derby in the memo), mail to PO Box 60 Fife Lake MI 49633.
2) Walk into the Fife Lake Lodging & Party store from 9am to 7pm December 1st 2017 through 6pm on January 26th 2018 and pay with cash~ Any CREDIT CARD payment will be subject to a $2 processing fee.
3) Pay online from Dec 1st 2017 through January 16th 2018: Go to our facebook page at m.mw/Fifelakeicefishingderby find the pay button and pay securely with Paypal subject to a $2 processing fee
If you would like to donate to our Derby: https://form.jotform.com/72827836382164
Look back soon for more info. Any questions? Please contact Kathy at (231)577-9330 or email@example.com
These are some of the rules:
1)EVERYONE must be registered prior to 6pm on 1/26/18
2)Follow all rules! All coolers/shanty’s ect may be inspected by inspectors at any point in time from 4am to 5pm.
3) NO holes are to be drilled before start of tournament at 7am
3) No spearing
4) Catch and Release (All fish must be turned in alive)
5) Every adult 18 & over must fish with a Michigan fishing license and follow all Mi Regulations, if you have any questions contact http://www.michigan.gov/dnr or e-mail DNR-Fisheries@michigan.gov or call Traverse City CSC 2122 South M-37 Traverse City, MI 49685 (231)-922-5280
6) Tournament End Time is at 4pm, all fish must be hanging on the board no later than 4pm
7) Tiebreakers- determined by time the 1st fish measured in that category. Tammy & Peggy are our judges, always have been and always will be~ their call is final.
8) A list of all rules and regulations will be emailed, handed over or mailed to every contestant.