Categories: Fishing Derbies and Tournaments
- Cost: $250.00 per team - Lottery Tickets $10.00 each
The Lake Simcoe Championship Ice Fishing Derby will be held on:
- Sunday Feb 17 2019 Rayner’s Park 50 Lake Drive North, Keswick, ON L4P 3H3
- Inspections are between 6:00am and 8:00am.
- Tournament hours are 8:00am – 1:00pm (no holes drilled until horn sounds.)
- Weigh-In line up closes at 2:00 pm
- Entry $250.00 per 2 person team
Also, there is also a Huge Lottery Draw with up to $50,000 in prizes.
Tickets are $10 available at Canadian Tire Keswick 24270 Woodbine Avenue.
Remember! The winners for the Lottery Draw are to be drawn
at Canadian Tire Keswick starting 10:00am February 18th, 2018
2018 Lottery Prices:
Lottery Tickets $10
Available at Canadian Tire Store Keswick
and Canadian Tire Gas Bar
24270 Woodbine Avenue, Keswick, Ontario
Available at the following Canadian Tire Stores
Aurora – 15400 Bayview Ave
Barrie South – 75 Mapleview Dr W
Innisfil – 1455 Innisfil Beach Rd
Midland – 9303 County Road 93 South
Orangeville – 99 First St
Orillia – 1017 Brodie Dr
Port Perry – 14325 Simcoe St
Stouffville – 1090 Hoover Park Dr
“What Equipment You Need To Ice Fish”:
- Portable Hut/Clamshell
- Ice Auger
- Ultra Light Ice Fishing Pole or Stick
- Steel Scoop
- 20L Pail
- Minnow Pail/Bail Bucket
- Chair (or bucket & cushion)
- Minnows (we are supplying the first 200 Teams)
- Perch Kit (Lures)
- Warm Clothing
- Ice Picks (safety equipment)
First 200 Teams to register receive a loot bag with minnows, transportation from parking, lottery tickets and MORE!
Your can register online HERE or you can sign up by visiting the Canadian Tire Store in Keswick, 24270 Woodbine Avenue. Keswick, Ontario, Canada
Proceeds are donated to The Jumpstart Charities
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities is a national charity dedicated to providing kids from low-income families with the opportunity to experience the benefits of organized sports and physical activities. With an extensive, national network of more than 330 local chapters, Jumpstart helps kids in communities across Canada by assisting with the costs associated with registration, equipment and/or transportation. Supported by the Canadian Tire Family of Companies, which includes Canadian Tire, PartSource, Gas+, Sport Chek, Atmosphere, National Sports, Sports Experts, Mark’s and Canadian Tire Financial Services, Jumpstart has enabled more than one million Canadian kids and counting to get in the game since 2005.
Tournament Organizer’s, Director’s & Official Judge’s:
– Elizabeth Johnston
– Garry Johnston
– Ted Gallone
Tournament Marshall‘s: – Will be identified on the day by high visibility vests.
DERBY RULES: Register for the Derby online at http://icefishinglakesimcoe.com. All teams must sign in at registration.
- All participants are required to have a full inspection by a Derby Marshall the morning of the Derby or at any time a Marshall requests. Inspection is from 6:00 am. If you refuse to allow inspection, you will not be allowed to enter the Derby and forfeit entry fee. Have everything opened and ready for the inspection.
- Upon the start of the Derby and after being inspected, teams are not permitted to return to their vehicles before weigh in. If a team must return to their vehicle for any reason, they must have a Derby Marshall with them at all times.
- Participants will be permitted within the Derby boundary with machines prior 8:00 am. There will be NO DRILLING OF HOLES OR FISHING PRIOR TO 8:00 am. If you are found drilling holes or fishing prior to 8:00 am, the Derby Marshall’s will disqualify you and forfeit your entry fee. Machines must be out of the designated Derby area by 8:00 am.
- Derby hours are 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Weigh Station opens at 9:00 am and line up closes at 2:00 pm. No guns will sound, watch your clock for the time.
- There is no limit to the number of holes participants can drill.
- Participants can fish in any open hole, but with a maximum of two lines per person at any one time.
- Participants must fish within the designated Derby area that is marked and set out.
- Participants may fish with or without a portable fish hut. Only commercial portable fish huts made of cloth material that comply with fire rating laws may be used.
- Electronics and live bait will be allowed.
- During legal fishing hours on Derby day, participants cannot fish less than 10 paces (30′) away from one another.
- Teams cannot infringe on other teams’ fishing zones. Keep 10 paces (30′) from other teams.
- Teams will be allowed to weigh in up to twelve (12) Perch which were only caught by the team during Derby hours. Perch that are being weighed must be kept; there is no live release on weighed fish.
- All teams must go straight through to weigh-in and check in with the registration desk after the Derby or when leaving the Derby, whether Team is weighing in fish or not, to sign out.
- A Big Perch Fish Contest will be held in addition to the Derby. At registration, each team pays an additional $20 (cash) for the “Big Fish” competition. During weigh in, bring your largest Perch to be weighed. Heaviest Perch will get 50% of funds collected for this contest. A certificate to have this perch mounted is supplied to the winner. Top three Big Perch Fish Contest prizes are 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, and 3rd 20% of all collected Big Perch Fish Contest cash received.
- Derby Director’s have the authority to request fishermen move to another area if they feel safety is a concern.
- Violation of rules will result in disqualification. Additional Laws & Regulations:
- All Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations must be followed.
- Non-Canadian participants must have a valid fishing License. Derby Director’s have the right to ask for this License.
- The law recommends that all safety equipment is in good working order and when towing of any sort, you must have a tow bar. All motorized equipment and related equipment must be in safe and proper running order.
- Derby Director’s have the right to delay or shorten the Derby, subject to weather or safety conditions or cancel the event or change Derby venue or boundaries at any time due to safety. If the event is cancelled, we will schedule a draw at Canadian Tire Keswick.
- Derby Director’s have the right of refusal of any entry.
- Derby entry is non-transferable. Entry cannot be re-sold or transferred. Derby Director’s are the only ones who can approve transfer of entry or changes in entry.
- Derby Director’s have the right to close registration any time at their discretion.
- No alcohol or drugs will be allowed in your possession or to be consumed during the event. If you are found to be in violation, you will be disqualified and forfeit your entry fee.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct, unsafe acts or failure to adhere to the Derby rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
- All Derby Director’s rulings are final. Awards & Prizes:
- All prizes, including Big Fish Contest, given out at an Awards Ceremony, 3:00 pm, at Canadian Tire Keswick, 24270 Woodbine Avenue.
- Derby 1st Prize = $10,000; 10th Prize = $250, total of other cash prizes depends on number of entries. (Lottery = up to $50,000 in prizes consisting of products, certificates and experiences.) Participants do not need to be present to collect prizes for lottery; however, participants are responsible for applicable shipping charges.
- In the case of a tie, the prize is split equally between teams.
- Protests must pertain to specific rules violations.
- Competitors wishing to make an official protest must do so by reporting to the Derby Director’s immediately before weigh in accompanied with $100 deposit. Deposit will be refunded if protest is won.
- Protests will be heard by the Derby Director’s ONLY at such time and in such manner as the Derby Director’s determines.
- Any contested “Big Fish” may be tested for illegal substances, internal or otherwise, for verification. If intentional tampering to increase the weight of any fish is confirmed, it will result in immediate disqualification and a permanent ban on fishing any future Lake Simcoe Championship Ice Fishing Derby events for both members of the team in question.
- Any fraudulent intent will be met with strict legal prosecution.
- All decisions of the Derby Director’s shall be final and binding.
Note: Violators of any of the above-mentioned Lake Simcoe Championship Ice Fishing Derby rules shall be subject to disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.