Categories: Fishing Derbies and Tournaments
803 Edgewater Pkwy, Wauconda, IL 60084
LVVA Ice Fishing Derby 2018
Bangs Lake, Wauconda, Illinois, United States
Biggest Northern – Jiffy Pro 4 Propane Auger
Biggest Bass – AquaVu Micro 5 Plus Camera
Biggest Crappie – Vexilar FL-18 Pro-Pack
Biggest Bluegill/Pumpkinseed – Frabill Hub Shelter, Ice Sled, Hand Auger, Rod/Reel Combos, and more.
Biggest Perch – Frabill Sentinel Shelter, Hand Auger,Rod/Reel Combos, and more.
2nd Biggest Fish of each of the above categories – Mr. Heater Buddy Heater
Kids Biggest Fish of each of the above categories – Frabill Panfish & Crappie rod/reel combos in hard case.
Veterans Only Raffle – All veterans will receive a ticket at registration.
Kids Raffle – All Children 14 and under will receive a ticket at registration
Grand raffle open to anyone who purchases tickets – Lots of great prizes!!!
50/50 raffles available – 2016 winner took home $1,750. We plan to divide the 50/50 raffle up this year.
*Prizes may be substituted based on availability and at the discretion of the derby committee.
- New Boat from Lake County Watersports up for raffle this year. Tickets available soon!
Tent doors open at 05:00. Located at LVVA’s beach on Edgewater Parkway. All participants MUST check-in at the event tent before fishing, even if you pre-registered you must check in at the tent. At the tent you will get a registration number and flag. Once registered, participants may relocate to wherever they choose to fish. When you catch a fish, raise your flag and an LVVA judge will come to you to measure and report the size in to the registration tent recorder.
$20.00 Registration Fee will be charged to all participants unless identified below.
The first 50 Children (14 and under) registered will receive a bag of goodies. All children 14 y.o. and under fish for free.
Active Duty Military (I.D. required) will fish the event for no charge.
Fishing will begin at 07:00 and end sharply at noon.
Following the end of fishing hours, awards will be distributed at the event tent. Please try to get back to the tent by 12:20.
Our rules are simple –
- Don’t Cheat!
- Be Safe!
- Have Fun!
Aside from that all state laws and local ordinances applied to fishing. Some of those are listed below:
- All participants 16 y.o. and older are required to possess a valid fishing license. We assure you the DNR will be present and checking licenses.
- Fish of each species will be measured by length, with the longest fish and second longest fish of each category winning the respective prizes.
- Kid’s big fish of each specie will win a prize. A kid’s fish will not be awarded any prizes other than the kid’s prize for the fish. i.e. A kid’s fish cannot be entered in to the biggest fish of species for larger prizes and in the Kid’s category too.
- Only 3 lines per participant. These lines may be a combination of devices such as Jigging, Dead Stick, Tip-up, Automatic fishing devices, etc.
- This is a catch and release derby as per ILDNR tournament fishing rules.
- ATV/UTV/snowmobiles are authorized for use during the derby, RESPONSIBLY!
Supporting Veterans R&R Outdoors
The LVVA Ice Fishing Derby began in 2009 with 38 fishermen. Going into our 9th annual event, we have become one the largest and most successful ice fishing derby in Northern Illinois. We have a great time in support of a great causes. Growing in popularity every year, 2016 saw 550 fishermen! Unfortunately, 2017 was our first year with unsafe ice, so we had to cancel. Thanks to our generous sponsors and donors there are plenty of prizes, raffles, and big fish items.
Veterans R&R Outdoors has been named as the 2018 beneficiary of our proceeds. Come support our Veterans and the kids at our annual ice fishing benefit. Our ice fishing derby is hosted on Bangs Lake – Wauconda, IL. We award thousands of dollars in raffle items and individual angler prizes for largest northern pike, bass, perch, crappie, and bluegill.
In addition, we will have a Veteran’s only raffle for a guided fishing trip, Kids only raffles, and big fish awards for the kids, a Boat raffle and 50/50 raffles too!