Categories: Fishing Derbies and Tournaments
- Cost: $25.00 per person
- Dave Cartman 613-433-1173 Chantelle Cartman 613-433-2795 Kevin & Cindy Lamorie 613-558-4364
Muskrat Lake Civitan Ice Fishing Derby 2019
Feb 2 2019
Over $10,000 in cash and prizes for Biggest Pike, Trout and Perch.
Registration 6:30am starts at 9:00am – 1:00pm Catch and Release
For more information contact:
Dave Cartman 613-433-1173
Chantelle Cartman 613-433-2795
Kevin & Cindy Lamorie 613-558-4364
For Visa/Mastercard contact:
John Cull 613-646-7876
Muskrat Lake Civitan Ice Fishing Derby Rules
$5000 cash prize is on Minimum of 500 tickets sold., Cash prizes may change if minimum is not sold
1. fee $25.00 per tcket
2. Payment must be made by cheque, money order, visa / master card, or cash. CASH WILL BE ONLY ACCEPTED
AFTER JAN. 15 ,2018. Cheques or money orders can be made payable to Cobden Civitan Club.Registration by CASH ONLY accepted on site Feb, 3TH, 2018
3. Contestants will HAVE TO drill their own holes. A person will be available to drill , for a fee.
4. The Contest is scheduled for Feb 3th, 2018 from 9 am to 1:00pm at Cobden Ontario. Registration will be open at 6:30am. Early bird registration before Jan 15th, 2018 5 pm. contestants will be entered into another contest. Everyone that purchases tickets will go into the grand prize draw of Princecraft 12 ft. boat and 8 hp Mercury Motor, Vegas Trip ,4 -100 level sens tickets with valet parking and two individual ice augers. You do Not have to be present for the 5 grand prizes.
5. Prizes are determined by species, LENGTH and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered wins.
6. You may register as many fish as you want. Winning person must be present immediately when announced to claim prize, but only one prize will be awarded per contestant for any of the three categories, Pike, Trout, and Perch
7. Tournament boundaries will be marked with cedar trees. Fishing will be at the head of the lake. Vehicles will be checked for illegal live fish. People will be disqualified on the spot when caught.
8 . You are at all times before during and after derby, responsible for the following -Ministry Rules and Regulations, your safety, actions, gear and equipment. (Ontario Fishing Regulations in Effect zone 15) If not followed contestant will automatically be disqualified on the spot when caught.
9. Any registered contestants fishing in fish huts, portables, groups, etc., will not be permitted to fish with non-registered contestants. This will disqualify you, the registered contestant.
10. All fish entered must be brought to the judge’s stand immediately and alive. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. The decisions of the judges are final. PLEASE BRING CONTAINER WITH HANDLE FOR YOUR FISH TO BRING THEM TO THE MEASURING STATION ALIVE. PLEASE HAVE WATER IN THE CONTAINER AS THIS IS A CATCH AND RELEASE CONTEST.
11. If registering for the early bird you will be given or we will mail your ticket tag in advance. Advance ticket tag holders WILL NOT have to re-register the day Of. You must have ticket tag visible while entering gate at launch. We are not responsible for lost or stolen ticket tags. Tickets must match for claiming of prizes.
12. Contestants may use fishing huts and portables
13. Please use the garbage cans available. This is your CANADA.
14. Prizes will be handed out after the tournament at the Muskrat Lake boat launch.
15. Failure to comply with the contest rules subject contestants to disqualification.
16. The organizer may at any time before, during and after each event change event format if so required.
17. Visa or Master card by phone by calling John Cull 613-646-7876 9 $5.00 admin fee will apply)
18. Each entrant, upon registration to compete in the Derby, agrees that he/her will not hold the Sponsors liable for any kind of accident that might occur during this tournament. Photographs taken during or after the tournament become the property of the Cobden Civitan club and will be used without compensation or permission.
19. If conditions occur which are found to be dangerous to Derby participants, the Cobden Civitan Club Organizing Committee have the right to deem the Derby complete and the prizes will be given out by random draw.
20. Free Junior Derby (12 years age and under) it will be a separate fishing derby for max 2 children that accompany a paid participant for the Adult Derby. Junior Derby participants must register day of derby. Prizes to be won for the Junior Derby are separate from the paid Adult Derby. Entry for Junior Derby will be at the same time as the paid adult. Junior Derby members will have to follow all other rules.
21. Coffee, bar b que, fries for lunch will be available for purchase.